Thank you for trusting the National Exchange Hotel as a place you know and love to safely create lasting memories. As we return to business from our extensive renovation, our highest priority is the health and well-being of our family of guests, employees and our local community.
Please see below for updates on policies as well as actions taken to ensure your health and safety during your visit to the National Exchange Hotel . In addition to the plan, each operating department has its own customized set of procedures.
We have relied on the best available science on sanitization protocols to develop our plan. We will continue to refine and update as additional direction becomes available.
We thank you for your support of the National Exchange Hotel, a place that is near and dear to our heart, and many of yours.
In good health,
OUR NUMBER ONE PRIORITY – EMPLOYEE & GUEST HEALTH
- Physical Distancing. Guests will be advised to practice physical distancing by standing at least six feet away from people outside of their immediate party. This includes while standing in any line or moving around the property. Restaurant dining, and other physical layouts have been arranged to ensure appropriate distancing.
- Masks: Required on property everywhere per mandate from State of California.
- Hand Sanitizer/wash stations. Hand sanitizers and wash stations will be placed at key contact areas for guests and employees.
- Sanitation: Constant sanitation of surfaces will be maintained by dedicated employees including doors, elevator buttons, table tops, chairs, bar tops, doorways and all other high-touch areas in the hotel.
- Signage. Health and hygiene signage will be placed throughout the National Exchange Hotel including reminders about social distancing and sanitation practices and policies. Signage will also be posted throughout the “back of the house” reminding employees of the proper way to wear masks and gloves, and handle and dispose of clean masks and use of gloves (based on advice from medical professionals).
- Guest & Employee Health Concerns. Our staff has been given clear instructions on how to respond swiftly and report any and all presumed illnesses. Employees are instructed to stay home if they any symptoms consistent with COVID-19 and/or if they do not feel well enough to work. All employees will receive COVID-19 training (safety and sanitation protocols).
- Personal Protective Equipment. Appropriate PPE will be worn by all employees based on their role and responsibilities.
- Guests will check in at the front desk behind plexiglass sneezeguard or at our contactless check-in desk located in the lobby .
- Check outs will be handled automatically, and a copy of the bill will be emailed to the guest.
- Guest Room Keys will be sanitized and provided in a single-use envelope.
- Housekeeping will maintain minimized contact with guests while cleaning and will clean at a time agreed upon by guest if necessary.
- For the safety of both our guests and employees, there will not be daily housekeeping except by request.
- All current reusable collateral will be removed from rooms; critical information will be distributed to rooms for single use only or through the electronic tablet in each room.
- Extra pillows and blankets will be available upon request only.
- Every surface in guest rooms will be cleaned following strict sanitation guidelines.
- All guest amenities will be single-use only.
- Mini-bar selections will be stored at the front desk and available by request only.
RESTAURANT AND BARS
- QR code will be available at every table for viewing menus electronically with a smartphone. Paper menus will be available by request and will be single use only.
- Indoor dining is currently not available in Nevada County. Outdoor dining is available at socially distanced tables.
- Table and service stations will be sanitized between each seating.